Did He Attend the Burning Man Camp?
Updated: Oct 26, 2020
Flyers circulated recently in TX-22 that the darling of HSS and previously Emgage supported Sri Preston Kulkarni got busted for possessing the cocaine in 1997.
a Harris County judge dismissed the felony charge after a two-year probationary sentence, a disposition known as "deferred adjudication," frequently meted out for first-time drug offenses.
But more serious is the accusation that the candidate invited by Muslims to pray in their Masajid and lecture them on moral values attend a regularly held hedonistic camp called Burning Man in the desert of Nevada regularly.
Burning Man began as a bonfire ritual on the summer solstice, June 22, in 1986, when Larry Harvey, Jerry James, and a few friends met on Baker Beach in San Francisco and burned an 8 feet (2.4 m) tall wooden man as well as a smaller wooden dog. It is famous for its absolute freedoms, including sex and drug.
Victor Jeffery II wrote the following about it.
Drum Roll Please: SEX AT BURNING MAN
• Feel free to have it with as many consenting adults as you would like. There are some camps (independent of Burning Man and Black Rock City LLC) that build environments and host events that facilitate sexual encounters. For example: Comfort and Joy's Annual Circle Jerk, Suspended Animation's bondage for sex seminar, the annual naked bike ride, And Then There Is Only Love's air-conditioned orgy dome, Porn and Donuts' daily dose of porn and fresh donuts, and all of the scary things that I imagine happen in Camp Beaverton for Wayward Girls. Here is a list of some of the bigger sex-positive camps on the playa this past year. Shhhhh, don't tell Burning Man, I told you.
• In theory, you could have sex anywhere, but in reality, most people keep it to tents (that may have one or 15 people in them), the middle of the desert, in a dark corner, or behind or inside of an art installation. I never saw an explicit act happen in a place that made me or anyone else around me feel uncomfortable.
• Comfort and Joy's public tent is one of the best places on the playa. It is wonderful to know you are welcomed to escape from the sun, enjoy a glass of water, or rest your fanny while you get a blow job (or more) from your newest consenting adult friend."
"Drum Roll Please: DRUGS AT BURNING MAN
• People do them. Not everyone does. But those that do, do all kinds, at all times of the night and day, and in varying amounts, all over the playa. Some burners are better at doing drugs than others, but everyone has to keep their shit together in public if they do not want to get arrested or be taken to the medic tent. Drugs or their use is not condoned or tolerated by Burning Man, Black Rock City LLC, local or federal authorities. Still, people do them, and everyone knows it—just like any city in America with 68,000 residents.
• I saw: cigarettes, booze, a couple of joints, MDMA, and an alcohol-based marijuana tonic. Every place I was gifted a drink, I was carded. The only place I was gifted a pill was in private, and I learned that when your food supply starts to get low, you have two great options: 1) walk around the playa with an empty container, and someone will give you food; 2) more drugs to suppress your appetite.
• I have seen more people tweaked out on coke in the breakroom at Goldman Sachs than I did on the playa. While I am sure they happened, I did not see one bike accident. My bike was stolen/lost/mistaken for another's on the penultimate day of the gathering, and I left my computer and cameras unattended in my tent for hours on end without incident.
So, that is it, ladies and gents. I have just told you exactly what Burning Man does not want me to tell you."
Is this the reason Emgage supported him in 2018 and was almost ready to support in 2020 when some saner people in Houston prevailed upon their decision?
Is this what the Hijab-wearing Muslim women and beard-carrying Muslims want to promote through Kulkarni in their community?
Is this why the Imams are giving him a podium at the most sacred place in their Masajid.
Is this the reason Muslim leaders are hosting him in their homes? Is these Muslims in his district want him to tell their daughters and son? As a candidate, he should have disclosed all this, but he kept it quiet. If the Masajid still let him stand on their religious pulpit, then it would be right to assume that ethical values and Islamic principles on character have no value. Kulkarni must explain his participation in these events as the photographs suggest that he was there.